Want to make your very own webpage? here are some things to get you started! More will be added as I learn!
Reminder: When taking images from a site with a paid domain, its better to download and host them on your own server! embedding them directly from the site is called hotlinking can take up space in the original website and/or costs the site more money to run. Host your own images!
If you have made anything here and want me to take it off, i'll gladly do so.
List of some sites that I've gotten Graphics from!
- Cyber.dabamos. 3182 different 88x31 buttons. Honestly overwhelming how many there are.
- Dokodemo's material page. lots of backgrounds, pngs, and custom mouse cursors. A lot of stuff on this site was taken from there. A good place to visit if youre looking for pictures for your page!
- Gifcities. HUGE library of gifs from the old web. Very fun to scroll through. Warning that theres a bit of uncensored nudity and offensive content. Pure, unfiltered, geocities.
- Dafont. A site with a bunch of of fonts. You can also submit your own.
- 3dtextmaker.You can make some cool 3D gifts of text, pretty much in the title.
- Cooltext. Cool text graphic generator! lots of fonts!
- Spriter's Resource Has HQ spritesheets from various games and such. SUPER useful for shrines.
- 2xwaifu. Website that lets you make low quality images bigger. A little clunky but useful.
- Ezgif. Gif maker and editor.
- Glitterphoto. Photo editor that makes pictures into cute glittery my space style graphics.
Graphics taken from everywhere!
Backgrounds taken from everywhere!
Short, simple tutorials by yours truly! note that im no where near an expert and there are other, better ways to do things besides what i explain. im just showing how to do things that i personally had a lot of trouble with when i first made this site in case others struggle.
How to add autoplay music to a site
1.) Download the song you want to play on your site to your computer, whether it be from youtube or anywhere else.
2.) Upload it to a file hosting site where you can get a link of it. An easy, free site to use for this is catbox.moe.
3.) Go to the editor of the page you want to play the music. Under body, put down this line of code
4.) In source src="", put the link of the song file between the quotation marks, like so.
5.) Save and view the page. It should work.
If you want to make the audio playing visible, like this, change audio autoplay loop to audio controls autoplay. And if you don't want the audio to loop, just remove loop.
Simple guide to div borders
Useful miscellaneous links.
- Catbox moe. A free file storage site. useful for uploading any kind of file that you dont want to using your space or that can't be uploaded.
- w3schools. Filled with lots of easy to digest tutorials on html and other coding languages. (plus a html color picker! hell yeah!) I learned most of what i know from here, very useful and gets straight to the point.
- Neocities. In case you somehow didn't realize, neocities is the main site that hosts this page and hundreds of others! completely free and awesome! its got some basic html tutorials as well!
- Colors from images. Picks color codes from images.